Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:11:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ed Watkeys <edw@poseur.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cdrecord problems to record 1 CD

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Michael Robinson wrote:

> Eliezer Rodriguez Gonzalez <elie@uncle.cult.cu>
>                                             ^^
> >I take this opportunity to say that the choice of downloading the first CD
> >out of the 4 CDs set is very welcome for all of us uncapable of purchasing
> >our own copies due to many reasons I won't explain here.
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> This is so amazingly cool, I'm beside myself with glee.

About burning that first CD...

I have an Acer 4432 CD-RW drive (ATAPI) which I've used to burn
several copies of the 3.3 install CD. The most recent copy was burned
using the /usr/share/examples/worm/burncd.sh script (modified to use
the afore-mentioned drive at /dev/wcd0c), and while the files seem to
be there okay, I can't boot off of the CD-R. Most of my experience
with CD-Rs in the past has been on the Mac with Adaptec's Toast.

So, to recap, what makes a CD-R bootable? Is it the image file
(3.3-install.cd0)? Is it wormcontrol? (Not that I saw any options for
this.) How do I find out if my drive is acceptable to FreeBSD? What am
I missing?

Regards,
Ed

--