Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:22:52 +1030
From:      Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, Yong Lim <yong@csfi.com>
Cc:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>, "SILVER, MICHAEL A" <MSILVER@scana.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Function of -newbies

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Sue Blake wrote:
<snip>
> If we don't clutter freebsd-questions with chat, and don't ask
> or answer support questions here, they'll leave us alone. We
> have a "gentlemen's agreement" from most of the helpers that
> they'll keep their noses out of here and let us let off steam
> without any wrist slaps or non-newbie points of view.
<snip>
>You must find a
> way to make freebsd-questions work for you, because nobody else can
> speak for you.

Hoo-bloody-rah!  A succinct expose of what -newbies should be about, and a
contribution to the sort of discussion that SHOULD be taking place here.

<snip>
> I too would support the name change to freebsd-newbies-chat, as I
> recommended two years ago. At last feedback it didn't match the
> FreeBSD list naming format

/sarcasm
How very sad
sarcasm/
How about FreeBSD-newbiechat ?  (too hard?)

This list can offer welcome opportunity to discuss such issues as "what about
-questions?" and "what sources of info I have found most helpful" and the like.
The list title does not relect the list's purpose.

--
Regards,
Brian