Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:08:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Sander <jim@federation.addy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /etc/mail/Makefile and virtusertable.db

> > rename "temp.virtusertable", "/etc/mail/virtusertable";
> > system("cd /etc/mail; make");

   Thanks for the few who have suggested things- unfortunately none of
them worked. (most of them had already been tried) Fortunately I found the
problem though...

   Much to my chagrin, I noticed that I never closed the temporary file
that I then renamed. Because of output buffering, that's a bad idea. I
have (again) learned this first hand- but now I'll put it into the archive
so the next time I search for it I can find something. :)

   Learn from my mistake- always close files! Thanks all.

-=Jim=-