Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:40:42 +0000
From:      Andy Miller <andy@trit.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CARP and ng_fec

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

I am currently trying to setup CARP for a new high availability system.  I
have CARP working fine as long as I don't try using ng_fec.  This system
requires that I use FEC for NIC fail over, and I'd really like to use CARP
for the IP fail over.  Has anyone tried this, or have any ideas on how to
get CARP to work with fec?  I have read about the option "carpdev", but
every time I try to use it I get "ifconfig: carpdev: bad value".  Any help
will be greatly appreciated.

--
Andy Miller
--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw