Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:34:16 +1100
From:      Murray Taylor <murraytaylor@bytecraftsystems.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xfree86-4 question re OpenGL

History:

I installed XFree86 4.2.0 from a current ports tree WITHOUT  having ever had
XFree86-3 loaded.

I have set XFREE86_VERSION=4 in /etc/make.conf

I have loaded KDE3 from ports and have built and installed
kpovmodeler..

When I run it from command line i get this

ttyp0 > kpovmodeler
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
PMPart: TreeView added
PMPart: DialogView added
PMPart: GLView added
PMPart: GLView added
PMPart: GLView added
PMPart: GLView added

and the GUI has the 4 display windows showing

No OpenGL support

I have Mesa 3,4,2_2 loaded ( it appearesd during the KDE build I think )

How cam I get the OpenGL support working?

--
Murray Taylor
Special Projects Engineer