Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2000 02:46:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0 OpenSSH not working, cannot find RSAREF lib

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, Kenneth W Cochran wrote:

> ** R_RandomInit: Unable to find an RSAREF shared library (librsaref.so).
> ** Install the /usr/ports/security/rsaref port or package and run this
> ** program again. See the OpenSSL chapter in the FreeBSD Handbook, located at
> ** http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/openssl.html, for more information.

I really don't know how much more clear that could be. Perhaps it's time
we imported figlet into the base system to make the error messages yell
out at you even louder.

> Also, will ssh2 play nicely with OpenSSH?

OpenSSH currently only speaks the SSHv1 protocol, although SSHv2 support
is under development (I'm about to import this into -current). The ssh2
port can be configured with ssh1 backwards-compatability, in which case it
should work fine.

> Naturally, FAQ/doc/book pointers are quite welcome...

Only the URL you already checked and the mailing list archives..

Kris

----