Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:29:58 +0100
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        Jeremy Karlson <karlj000@unbc.ca>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good Mail Programs

Rahul Siddharthan said on Nov  9, 2001 at 10:24:14:

> Try mutt.  Requires some time to configure the first time, but after
> that it has everything I want and more.  You can even retain the pine
> key bindings (for the most part) if you're used to them.

By the way I didn't see your original mail.  From Mike's mail it seems
you're looking for:
Multiple mailboxes -- very well, as I already described
IMAP - yes
POP - no (afaik), but you could use fetchmail for that
Easy to sort/maintain mailboxes - yes (if you're comfortable with
   console-based programs, anyway)
X - no, but if you receive image attachments you can always launch
   a helper; I don't really see any advantage of a purely "graphical"
   program.
Pleasant to use - YMMV.  Once I configured it to my satisfaction, I
   decided it's the best ever.