Date:      13 Sep 2002 19:47:18 +1000
From:      Crispin Bennett <crispin@crisweb.webcentral.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why are messages to this list appearing in *.freebsd.questions ng's?

.. and is there a warning when signing up that this will be the case? If
not, why not?

I would never knowingly use my personal email address for usenet posts,
and now have found that my emails to this list have appeared in
*.freebsd.questions lists.

As a result of this I'm now getting porn and other spam, for the first
time in the 2 years since I've been using this mail address. So now I
have to go through the big fucking waste of time of alerting people to
my impending change of address, and re-subscribing to the dozens of
lists and web sites I frequent, now using the new address.

I don't remember assenting to this happening. If there is notification
somewhere in the sign up that emails to the list will appear in Usenet
ngs, then it's my own fault for not reading more carefully.

If, however, there is no such notification, someone here needs a big
fucking kick in the balls (or whatever equivalent piece of anatomy
pertains to their gender).