Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:40:05 -0400
From:      beno <zope@2012.vi>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Finding IP Addresses (OT)

Erik Nørgaard wrote:
> whois
>
> Lookup the ip with whois you'll get a network segment that has been
> delegated. You ISP may have multiple such segments, but it get's you
> further faster than finding individual ip's.

Thanks. I also realized I should do the same for the Internet cafe I
work at when the power's out. Since I live in the Dominican Republic
(although bounce off a satellite that thinks I'm in the states), that's
a little more problematic. What do you suggest? I tried these
combinations with no luck:

whois -c do verizon.net.do
whois -d verizon.net.do

TIA.