Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 1995 08:46:43 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        FREEBSD-PORTS-L <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Master description list

    Is there a file somewhere that contains the names, comments and
descriptions of all the ports and packages?  I just had a new FreeBSD
user ask me if there was such a thing, so he could make a list of the
packages that he wants first, then download them.

    On a related note, does the 2.0.5 installer allow the user to
install arbritrary ports and packages?  I recall seeing something
about "installing additional <something>", but that might refer to the
various 2.0.5 tarballs, not ports/packages.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org