Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 01:03:36 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Charlie ROOT <root@scully.gothworld.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel Build Error

Charlie ROOT wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I CVSup'ed the 4.0S branch tonight from 4.0R and everything went well, I
> then finished up the install and built a kernel. THat installed fine, so
> then later on I decided to go back and work it down a bit more. Now I
> cannot succed in building a kernel due to the errors I'm getting. As far
> as I know nothing has changed. I'd be very grateful if someone can give me
> a step in the right direction. Btw I WAS following the guide in
> /usr/src/updating but it fails at the first step.

I just got through cvsup'ing at 1810 GMT and did a buildworld. Then I
did a buildkernel and an installkernel. A little less than 2 hours
later I'm running that system. I kind of wonder if you left out a
step. I will be running buildkernel/installkernel's until 4.1 is
released. I haven't tried a config and a make depend and won't since
each kernel follows a cvsup.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://kstewart.urx.com/kstewart/bomber.jpg