Date:      Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:22:21 -0400
From:      Chris Strzelczyk <stenchmaster@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wireless troubles...  Supported hardware???

Hello,

    I have looked for this in the FAQ, Handbook and mailing list but was
not able to find anything significant.

    I have bought a smc wireless card (SMC2632W).  This is listed as
being fully supported in the hardware database but a dmesg -a gives me this:

Oct  4 12:18:36 stenchmaster pccardd[52]: No card in database for
"SMC"("2632W-V2")

Is the V2 of this card supported?  Should I possibly upgrade to the
latest stable?

Below is my configuration:

FreeBSD stenchmaster 4.6-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE #1: Thu Sep 19
17:20:16 EDT 2002
cstrzelc@stenchmaster:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/STENCHMASTER  i386

/etc/pccard.conf:

# Generally available IO ports
io      0x240-0x360

irq     5

# Available memory slots
memory  0xd4000  96k

# SMC's SMC2632W (also matches the 3.3V SMC2602W)
card "SMC" "SMC2632W"
        config  auto "wi" ? 0x10000
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
        remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

wi is not disabled in my kernel and irq 5 is not taken.  I have
pccard_enable set to yes.  The only thing I see in my dmesg besides the
noted above is:

pccard: card inserted, slot 0

Thank you for any help.

-cs

--
           Intel: where Quality is job number 0.9998782345!