Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 22:18:19 -0700
From:      don morrison <dmorrisn@u.washington.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>, lcremean@tidalwave.net, Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: US Immigration (was: Funny, but true...)

Well, I can think of one other country which a bit nasty with foreigners.
In Japan, I hear, if you're a foreign resident you must be fingerprinted
and carry your fingerprinted identification with you at all times.  Also,
it takes a foreign merchant about two to three days to get goods checked
through customs while in the U.S. it can take as little as a half
hour...The first piece of information I heard from a personal account, the
second from a newspaper; can anyone tell me if these pieces of information
are incorrect?  (I don't want to offend anyone from Japan here...)