Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 17:07:47 +0300
From:      "Mikhail A. Sokolov" <mishania@demos.net>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mirroring of ftp.freebsd.org (wcarchive.cdrom.com)

Very unpleasant attitude towards mirrors. Even worse than Microsoft's, you know.

On Wed, Nov 04, 1998 at 05:14:36AM -0800, David Greenman wrote:
#    I would like to warn everyone here that I am clamping down a bit a abusive
# mirrors of ftp.freebsd.org (wcarchive.cdrom.com). An abusive mirror is one
# that:
#
# 1) Mirrors ftp.cdrom.com more than 4 times a day without prior permission
# 2) Has multiple mirrors running simultaneously
# 3) Downloads the same files over and over again, day after day
#
#    If your site falls into any of the above 3 categories and I happen to
# notice, I will block the machine from further access to wcarchive.
#    I would also highly recommend that any mirrors have a reverse DNS entry.
# I'm much more likely to kill it off if it has no name and apears to be
# abusive than I would be if I recognize the machine as legitimate.
#
# -DG
#
# David Greenman
# Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project

--
-mishania