Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:08:40 +0800
From:      "C. C. Tang" <hiyorin@gmail.com>
To:        Dan Naumov <dan.naumov@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: 7.2-release/amd64: panic, spin lock held too long

>> Dan, is that machine equipped with Hyperthreading?
>>
>> Attilio
>
> Yes. It's an Intel Atom 330, which is a dualcore CPU with HT (4 cores
> visible in "top" as a result)

Yes, mine is also Atom 330.

I cannot test the patch because my machine is also in production now.
But I have tested it with hyperthreading.
powerd with HyperThreading -> spin lock hold too long
powerd without HyperThreading -> no problem
no powerd with/without HyperThreading -> no problem

This blog article also describe the same situation:
http://hype-o-thetic.com/2009/07/09/freenas-d945gclf2-configuration/

By the way, I found that the readings of coretemp don't significant
change when I enabled powerd so that I doubt that powerd may not be very
useful for Atom CPU?

Thanks very much,
C.C.