Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:39:50 -0400
From:      David Banning <david@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        Mohammad Ikram <ikram@linuxwaves.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Modem Pluse dialing HOWTO

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 02:20:23AM -0700, Mohammad Ikram wrote:
> Hi !
> I have a problem configuring ppp for a pluse tone modem dialing. In the installation they ask me for a tone or pluse tone dialing, i answer no to tone and at that time ppp dials and runs fine but after installation and rebooting the system the ppp does not dial in pluse mode but it tone dials.
> Please tell me how to slove this matter.

Look in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
You will see a like something like;

set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT OK-AT-OK ATZ OK ATM0
OK ATE1Q0 OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"

the ATDT is the instruction to your modem on how to dial.
Look around for the correct Hayes code for pulse dialing.
My guess would be APDT -

Good Luck -