Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 05:21:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      yudin tr <e_yud@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with my dumb terminal

I have problem with my dumb terminal.

I'm new employee is my office, and I'm a newbie at
FreeBSD Unix.
At my office, there is one set of computer :
1 unit Digital Server with processors Alpha (at the
monitor and
Casing writed DIGITAL), this server using OS Digital
Unix Ver 3.2C
5 unit dumb terminal (only Keyboard and monitor,
at the monitor writed DIGITAL).

For connected My server and Dumb terminal :

Server using Coaxial Cable and T-Connector to connect
with hub
(I don't know that is Hub or MultiSerial Port,
there is one T-Connector hole and some RJ-xx hole)
and Dumb terminal using UTP Cable and Connector such
as RJ-45
(this connector smaller than RJ-45, such as Phone
Connector).

Now my server is broken and can't to repaired.

I'm planning to change my server with PC Intel Pentium
II
with OS FreeBSD Unix.

My question about dumb terminal is :
1. Can I connect My PC Intel Pentium II with my Dumb
Terminal ?
2. If yes, What are Hardware added to connect them ?
3. If I must adding some hardware, Where i can buy it
and how much ?
4. What are the Version of FreeBSD Unix can do it ?
5. How to configuration FreeBSD Unix to connect with
dumb terminal ?
6. Where I can downloading manual book for
Installation it ?

thank you very much for your answer !

Best Regards

Yudin