Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2018 12:48:24 +0300
From:      Greg V <greg@unrelenting.technology>
To:        Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
Cc:        Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Allwinner dtb overlays on CURRENT. Also, flashrom SPI!

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:40 AM, Emmanuel Vadot=20
<manu@bidouilliste.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 15:14:29 -0500
> Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
>>  On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 2:49 PM, Greg V=20
>> <greg@unrelenting.technology> wrote:
>>  > Hi,
>>  >
>>  > One thing I have noticed with CURRENT on an Orange Pi PC: since=20
>> we're using
>>  > device trees imported from Linux, some drivers are not accessible=20
>> out of the
>>  > box.
>>  >
>>  > So I wrote a couple overlays:
>>  >
>>  > Thermal sensor: https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/pull/162
>>  >
>=20
>  This is wrong bindings. Yes I know that it's working with our driver
> for ths but this is wrong.
>  1) ths module isn't in ahb but apb.
>  2) We need nvmem framework to get the sensor calibration data, please
> see https://reviews.freebsd.org/D16419

I guess it's good to have a framework, but the existing driver=20
communicates with aw_sid directly (aw_sid_read_tscalib), and that seems=20
to work fine?

>>  > SPI: https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/pull/166
>=20
>  What is the point of the spigen interface ?
>  If aw_spi is working on H3 (I haven't check but it should), if you
> have a good dtb with the spi flash described you can use it directly.

Uhhh I'm surprised you don't know what's the point of spigen=85
The point is raw *userspace* access.

Like /dev/spidevX.Y on Linux, spigen gives us /dev/spigenX.Y.
As you can see below, I wrote spigen support for flashrom :)

We already have a spigen dtb overlay for the Raspberry Pi.
So now it's possible to use the same userspace applications that talks=20
SPI directly (like flashrom) on both RPi and H3!

=