Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 18:26:15 -0500
From:      Absinthe <khervbin@iamerica.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help!

To whom it concerns:

                I recently installed FreeBSD ver 2.1.7.1 on my computer
and when it was done I got an error message. It said something about
having a Signal 11 error, and when I rebooted my system and tried to
boot into FreeBSD it keep saying "Can't find kernel" at the boot prompt.
I've installed FreeBSD on my system before and it worked just fine but I
deleted it to get more room on my other partition. What would cause it
to not find the kernel? Is there something more I need to download? I
downloaded all the files in every directory except 'games', 'commerce',
'packages', and 'xperiment'. I even downloaded the XFree86 system. Could
you tell me what I might being doing wrong so that I can fix it? I would
appreciate any help that could be offered. Thank you for your time.