Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 2014 18:23:31 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        NGie Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org Arch" <arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: boot man pages installed four times..

NGie Cooper wrote this message on Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 17:25 -0700:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 4:14 PM, John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com> wrote:
> > So, our loader man pages are currently installed four different times
> > during installworld...  Once each durning sys/boot/userboot/userboot,
> > sys/boot/amd64/efi, sys/boot/i386/loader and sys/boot/i386/zfsloader
> >
> > This is because sys/boot/common/Makefile.inc defines the man pages, and
> > each of these locations include that Makefile...
> >
> > It seems like the logical thing to do is to create a sys/boot/man that
> > only installed man pages...  This will partly move us to always
> > installing all man pages on all archs...
>
> Should this manpages just be installed as part of
> share/man/man<section> instead?

That would involve moving the man pages from sys/boot into share/man
which IMO doesn't make much sense...  Yes, they could be installed
from where ever we want, but they are usually installed from where
they reside..

Looks like only atf is installing from share/man when their pages are
located else where...  We shouldn't introduce more, and atf should be
fixed...  and it's only doing it for two man pages...

Hmm... atf-test-case.4 seems to be in the wrong section too...  section
for is for devices and device drivers, but atf-test-case doesn't have
any relation to the kernel...  It should probably be moved into section
7...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579