Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 02:44:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dave Hummel <hummel@stern.buffalostate.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: keyboard and screen freeze from X (fwd)

My apologies for not being clear....
I am still able to telnet into my box, and ps -ax definitely
shows no signs of any X related processes. All keyboard activity
has no effect, including Cntl-Alt-Anything. I had this happen
a while ago under normal X usage. This time, it happened because
I seriously tried to break X while testing a buffer overflow in
XFree86.