Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:44:40 -0600
From:      "Jay Austad" <austad@marketwatch.com>
To:        "'Thomas Cannon'" <tcannon@noops.org>, "Scott Stoddard" <sstoddard@gblx.net>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Qmail - qmail-smtp.c authentication update?

When I was modifying my qmail stuff, I did the "make setup check", but
to install it, I still had to do a make install from
/usr/ports/mail/qmail to get it to install the binaries.  You have to
remove /usr/ports/mail/qmail/work/.install_done first.

I've since switched to postfix-20011127 though.  Performance is better
than I was getting with qmail, especially with a large queue, and
administration of postfix is *WAY* easier.  Qmail is a good product, but
the endless amount of patching to modify its behavior gets old, really
fast.  After a year and a half of dealing with it on 6 different very
high-volume email servers, I switched, and I'm loving it.

Jay

Jay Austad
Network Administrator
CBS Marketwatch