Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 1998 00:19:30 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Tom Hukins <tom@eborcom.com>
Cc:        Alex Davidson <alexd@idcomm.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CD Player

Tom Hukins wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 12:02:22PM -0700, Alex Davidson wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me where I can get a Player for Audio CDs?
>
> Try:
>
> % cd /usr/ports
> % make search key="CD"
>
> On my system this lists:
> xcd-1.6
> xmcd-2.3

workman (groan) is good too. It's in the ports. You'll probably have to
change the default CD device though ( -d<device_name>). I can't remember
the default as I changed the source & remade it.

> Personally, I use xcd which works great. It needed a minor patch to get
> it to work with my IDE CDROM drive (I needed to specify "/dev/rwcd0c"
> instead of "/dev/rscd0c" or similar) - after doing a "make patch" for
> the port you can grep through the source (in the "work/xcd-1.6"
> directory) to figure out which code you need to modify.
>
> Of course, if you have a SCSI CDROM drive, it should work out of the
> box.
>
> Regards,
> Tom
>
> --
>        Learn how to create amazing web sites
>
>      Visit eBORcOM's Web Development Resources
>           http://www.eborcom.com/webmaker/

   When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd
Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.uk.radan.com