Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:12:27 -0700
From:      "Max Clark" <max.clark@media.net>
To:        "Lewis Watson" <lists@visionsix.com>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Upgrading Production www Servers, MySQL Servers, etc, etc

Hi,

Portupgrade compares the version of the port installed vs. the version of
the port available in the ports tree. So for it to be useful you must be
running cvsup and updating your ports collection. After you run cvsup you
can modify the makefile and then run portupgrade which would give you the
desired effect you are speaking about.

/Max