Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:40:09 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG, audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: review request: network interface cloning

--osDK9TLjxFScVI/L

Thanks for the review.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 11:12:00AM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> Please don't use hard sentence breaks.

I'm, not sure what you mean by this.  Do you mean, don't use ".  " or
what?  I've moved to split sentences by lines.

> Especially with the long getopt() list, it might be a good idea to put
> `case' statements in the same order as they were in getopt() call.

I've reordered the switch statement to be ordered like getopt.  It's not
entierly right and Sheldon is correct that usage and the SYNOPSIS are
also misorderd, but I'm not going to fix that just now.  There are lots
of problems with ifconfig and fixing them isn't really the point of this
patch.  I'm actually thinking of taking a look at adding our local
extensions to the NetBSD ifconfig source and moving to that since they
have actually maintained it.

> You need to decide, memset(3) or bzero(3).  :-)

memset looks more common so I'm using it now.  Some bzeros remain in
unrelated parts of the code.

> > +	err =3D (*ifc->ifc_create)(ifc, &unit);
> > +	if (err !=3D 0)
> > +		return (err);
> > +
> 	if (err)
> 		return (err);
>=20
> is more traditional :-)

But err isn't a boolean and the example in style(9) is:

             error =3D function(a1, a2);
             if (error !=3D 0)
                     exit(error);

The bug I documented in the gif manpage was caught and squashed so that
has been removed.

I've updated the diff at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~brooks/patches/gif.diff

-- Brooks