Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 1997 16:48:51 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdscsi@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Still SCSI Bus resets with 2940 on FreeBSD-2.2

> Sorry to say this, but I still have serious trouble with my AHA
> 2940 when dumping data to my QIC Streamer (TDC-4222) and tagged
> command queuing is enabled.
>
> Ordered Tag queued
> sd0(ahc0:0:0): SCB 0x4 - timed out in command phase, SCSISIGI==0xc6
> SEQADDR==0x5e
> sd0(ahc0:0:0): abort message in message buffer
> sd0(ahc0:0:0): SCB7 - Abort Completed
> sd0(ahc0:0:0): no longer in timeout
> Ordered Tag sent

this might sound weird, but _these_ were the messages i got with my 2.1.STABLE
machine (originally ccded as 2.1.5 then went to 2.1.7), without configuring

> options	AHC_TAGENABLE
> options	AHC_SCBPAGING_ENABLE
> options	AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO

these in the kernel. i never have gotten these on any kernel so far.

and _yes_, the machine did hang too... i had screen fulls of those... but
since it was a serious panic nothing got logged... i dont dump panics...

and the question is, if those should be visible when AHC_* options are
configured into the kernel, why did i see them? for people who dont remember
or havent seen my earlier articles about this, i used ccd, but after i saw
those i got scared and took them "down". (ccd with and without mirror,
interleaved and not)

(i have posted few articles about this to the hackers too, but i think i
dont have to crosspost this to there)

mickey