Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:39:00 +0100
From:      Paul van der Zwan <paulz@vanderzwan.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Subject:   stty sane broken on current.

It looks like stty sane clears the echo flag on -current, while stty
sane should put the settings to reasonable values for interactive
terminal use according to the man-page (IMHO reasonable include echo
;-))

I can reproduce this both on the console and in an ssh session.

Could this be related to phk's patches for the tty drivers of about 2
weeks ago?

Paul

BTW portupgrade calls 'stty sane' so I loose your echo everytime I run
portupgrade.
--
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over
public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.