Date:      25 Jul 1996 02:29:40 -0500
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com>
To:        goamatic <coredump@nervosa.vendetta.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/1423: route causes kernel page fault.

goamatic <coredump@nervosa.vendetta.com> writes:

>  > $ route add default -link tun0

>  > (is there a way to specify default traffic goes out tun0?)

>  Maybe

>  route add default tun0_interface_ip

The problem is when the system boots up, the network isn't reachable,
and therefore I can't send packets unless I manually dial.  (I get a
network unreachable error instead of an auto-dialed session) I figured
if I tried to specify an interface as the default, packets would go
out that interface, wake up ppp(8), and all would be well.  Obviously
that isn't going to work quite the way I wanted.

This is probably not the list for this sort of discussion, and I'm
leaving on a couple week vacation at the end of the week, so I'll just
not worry with this until I get back in the middle of August.

--
Zach Heilig (zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com) | ALL unsolicited commercial email
Support bacteria -- it's the              | is unwelcome.  I avoid dealing