Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:39:16 +0100
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Hidekazu Kuroki <hidekazu@pc88.gr.jp>
Cc:        dirk@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mod_php4-4.1.2

"Hidekazu Kuroki (黒木 秀和)" wrote:

>   Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de> wrote in :
> > I have problem with mod_php4 & php4 - the iconv dependency (required by sablotron)
> > makes trouble.
> Already in http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=36109.
That's true. It was simple a statement and summary of known facts.

> > So I have 2 port related questions:
> >
> > 1) is it true that PHP4 requires iconv by itself if I want xslt support
> > during sablotron, or is the iconv requirement at sablotron side only?
> I think that it is not checked.
That's why the mail was addressed to dirk@freebsd.org, the maintainer, and CC
to ports@freebsd.org for notice. I asked, because I can check it, because my
PHP doesn't run and so I have the resources to do it.
What I need is the answer to my question: is /bin/sh mandatory or is it just
the used.

> > 2) if iconv is required, is iconv or libiconv meaned?
> Above patch require converters/libiconv for iconv support.
In PHP4 or in sablotron?

So long
Jens