Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 04:27:16 +1000
From:      David Gerard <fun@thingy.apana.org.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mozilla and Sylpheed

Bryan Cassidy (bryanc2000@insightbb.com) [021018 02:45]:
> On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:39:54 +0100
> Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > Nathan kindly added a subject for you.  Basically try here:
> > http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.0/faq/mail-news.html#3.3

> >From your link it says

> GNOME, KDE (Unix/Linux): This is not yet possible in GNOME or KDE, but work is in progress to make Mozilla for Unix compliant with the X Desktop Group Standard as it is finalized.

I wrote that FAQ, so can clarify:

In Mozilla 1.0.x (the stable branch), there is no way to do this the way
GNOME or KDE would like it. If you haven't installed Mozilla Mail/News with
the browser, I think there might be a way that involves fiddling with
Mozilla config files (I vaguely recall there being something of the sort).

Best place to ask is probably the forums on mozillazine.org .

The X Desktop Group standard is a work in progress, currently somewhere
just past 'nice idea' stage as far as I know. If it comes up with something
even vaguely workable, you can be sure Mozilla will be all over it in
minutes. (There's even a bug to that effect.) But it may as well be off in
the land of vapour for the moment.

The development branch of Mozilla (1.1, 1.2 and so on) may have the
capability added for Unix/Linux. 1.0.x is unlikely ever to.

Er, does that help a bit? Ask on mozillazine.org forums and see if they can
help.

- d.