Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 00:18:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      JAMIE <Giltner@cris.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help on installation

Sorry to bother you, but I keep getting stuck at the same spot on the
installation. I've tried dozens of times over the past week with several
boot and root disks trying to do a floppy install and I keep getting hung
when I try to load the root floppy. Also, though I'm not sure if it is
supposed to boot without the root floppy installed, but if I try to boot
straight from my hard drive instead of using the boot floppy I get the
same prompt as with the boot floppy but instead of going to the install
menu the opening message and prompt just keep repeating.

To complicate things a bit, this is a machine that I just built, so I was
wondering if this could be caused by a piece of bad hardware or something
that isn't compatible with FreeBSD. Most of it is pretty standard stuff,
except maybe the hard drive. It's a 2.5" Seagate 524mb IDE drive with a
3.5" adapter.

Any help you could give me at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

jamie@cris.net