Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 1999 17:25:13 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Yaroslav Terletsky <ts@polynet.lviv.ua>
To:        Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Policy Routing w/ FreeBSD

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Mitch Collinsworth wrote:

> >Is there anything which allows Policy Routing with FreeBSD? (like w/CISCO)
>
> Policy Routing?  As in BGP?  Or as in packet filtering?
>
> I think freebsd's ipfw will do packet filtering.  I haven't looked
> at it closely yet.

Yea, I really was asking about something like "packet selection" with say
ipfw and then routing these packets to different interfaces, next-hops,
etc. It would of been very nice if I can set/reset some flags/options in
packets also.

But looking at ipfw man pages I don't see anything like that.
I'm just wondering if there are people who think about starting such
a thing, then none OS will beat FreeBSD as a router :)

I think ipfw suits for this the best, like it was done with DUMMYNET.
Well, I have not looked at dummy's sources yet ...

So I just ask, are there any people who want start/help2do/consult on it?
I have no OS developing experience, just utils and daemons, so can't be
a team leader, but will join one with pleasure.

==
ts