Date:      Sat, 2 May 1998 19:15:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Keith Stevenson <k.stevenson@louisville.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with Toshiba XM-6201TA SCSI CD-ROM drive

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Keith Stevenson wrote:

> I have a PPro-200 system running 2.2.6-STABLE.  The system was last
> build on the morning of April 18th.  I have a generic NCR PCI SCSI card
> with a Toshiba XM-6201TA 1030 hanging off of it.  I am reasonably
> certain that it is terminated correctly.

k.

> The setup ran perfectly until last night.  I woke up this morning and
> discovered that my power supply had died.  I replaced it, crossed my
> fingers, and rebooted the system.  Everything seems to work fine with
> the single exception of the Toshiba CDROM drive.  I am seeing the
> following messages at boot time.

Hm, looks like something was damaged :(  Check that the SCSI connections
are tight, perhaps you pulled it out while you were fiddling with the
power.

> ncr0 <ncr 53c875 fast20 wide scsi> rev 3 int a irq 11 on pci0:12:0
> ncr0 waiting for scsi devices to settle
> ncr0: SCSI phase error fixup: CCB address mismatch (0xf0633800 != 0x00000000) np
> ->ccb = 0xf0633800
> (ncr0:1:0): phase change 6-2 1@003e09d8 resid=1.
> (ncr0:1:0): phase change 6-2 1@003e09e0 resid=1.
> (ncr0:1:0): phase change 6-2 1@003e09d8 resid=1.
> (ncr0:1:0): "TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-6201TA 1030" type 5 removable SCSI 2
> cd0(ncr0:1:0): CD-ROM
> cd0(ncr0:1:0): asynchronous.
> ncr0: SCSI phase error fixup: CCB address mismatch (0xf0633400 != 0xf0633800) np
> ->ccb = 0xf0633800

I really don't like all that chatter. :(

> Any clues here?  Should I suspect the SCSI controller or the Toshiba drive?
> I've resisted the urge to cvsup and remake the world.  I'd rather attempt to
> find some answers first.

You shouldn't need a cvsup.  Try taking the CDROM drive off and see what
happens.  if it still complains the scsi card is probably fried :(