Date:      Sat, 17 Oct 1998 10:57:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        "H. Eckert" <ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syslogd and syslog.conf

On 17-Oct-98 H. Eckert wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 1998 at 06:34:02PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>> It might be good to add a warning to the top of the standard syslog.conf
>> file
>> if it's not too late, bearing in mind that the normally recommended editor
>> for new users is ee, which by default converts tabs to spaces
>> automatically.
>
> Ee does that ?  One more reason to hate it.
> The first thing I do on a new installation is edit root's
> dotfiles to change the editor to vim or at least vi.  It
> would be nice if sysconfig would copy the default editor
> from the config options page if it had been changed during
> the installation.

EE doesn't convert existing tabs only new ones unless you tell it not to.
You can do that from the command line or from the options menu.  I've been
using it for years, once you learn HOW to use it it's not the Evil Editor
you want to think it is.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
       "There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
               than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow