Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:53:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      garman@earthling.net
To:        john@jfive.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Just Plain Weird problem

On 16 Nov, John Heyer wrote:
> Any ideas?  A quick look at TCP dump shows the client machine just sending
> out packets but never getting a reply.  They are on a dialup connection
> with a Compatible MicroRouter, but no filtering that I'm aware of.

hmmm, are the TCP extensions disabled on the FreeBSD host?

sysctl -a | grep rfc

try disabling them, some dialup routers have problems with tcp options.

enjoy
--
Jason Garman                                      http://garman.dyn.ml.org/
Student, University of Maryland                        garman@earthling.net