Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:28:54 -0800
From:      Michael VanLoon <MichaelV@EDIFECS.COM>
To:        'Roger Wilco' <freebsd@m2mtechnology.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Qantum DLT 7000 2150 tape unit

Actually, yes, both "ends" need to be terminated.  If there is only one
device (or all devices are interanl or external) then the SCSI card itself
is the other "end".

Most modern SCSI cards have an "auto-termination" feature where it senses
whether it needs to terminate at the card or not, and does the right thing.
You should make sure auto-termination is enabled.