Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2007 23:34:57 -0400
From:      Jim Seymour <jim@wingbarscafe.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   wpa_supplicant issues

Trying to run an old Compaq Armada 7750MT with freeBSD 6.2 and a Buffalo
wifi card. The pciconf on the card is BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN
Controller.

I have only been able to get one of the drivers to compile with the
ndisgen utility. That was a Dell driver version R102319. Everything else
I has tried fails to complete. Anyway the resulting bcmwl5_sys.ko loads
as well as if_ndis.ko and ndis.ko.

Doing a ifconfig ndis0 scan pulls up my the wifi connection I need to
use.

SSID	BSSID	CHAN	RATE	S:N	INT	CAPS
XXXX	XX:XX	6	54M	130:0	100     EP	??? ??? ??? ???
??? RSN ??? VEN

I have the connection info in /usr/local/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf as far
as the SSID to connect to and psk to use. However wpa_supplicant never
can complete a connection to it. Is there something else that should be
loaded? Do you need the printout of a connection attempt?

Thanks,
Jim