Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2008 20:37:04 +0000
From:      "Christian Walther" <cptsalek@gmail.com>
To:        "Thiago Pollachini" <grayfoxbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ath driver

Hi Thiago,

On 10/02/2008, Thiago Pollachini <grayfoxbsd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I bought a d-link ag530 pci card and I have a surprise.
>
> ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0xdffe0000-0xdffeffff irq 18 at device 10.0 on pci0
> ath0: unable to collect channel list from hal; regdomain likely 19 country
> code 0
>
> I remember that we had to use ar5k.c to rewrite the regdomain on the eeprom.
> Some old ag530 cards I had done successfully, but the newer ones...

You did not mention what Version of FreeBSD you're using with this
card. I've a problem with a DWL-G650 on FreeBSD 7.0: When the card is
inserted while the machine is booting it is unusable after hal is
started. hal fills /var/log/syslog with "unable to reset hardware" and
other error messages.
As a workaround I boot without the card being inserted. It's not that
nice because there is a change that the card will not be configured
automatically, but at least it works.

Christian