Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 1995 01:23:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp/slip via telnet/rlogin

	I was wondering if it's possible to run ppp/slip on FreeBSD via a
telnet/rlogin session instead of by a modem without using SLiRP since
SLiRP is only a emulated ppp/slip and uses the ip address of the ppp/slip
server (FreeBSD box).  What I want to do is to allow use of real ip's over
telnet/rlogin using the following diagram:

incoming telnet/rlogin

apollo.COSC.GOV - 198.94.103.34 (FreeBSD Box)
         |  ppp/slip started
and then somehow make the 205.167.164.0-205.167.165.0 available for the
ppp/slip via telnet/rlogin.  Does anyone know if this is possible and how
this can be accomplished?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan Fan Club Mailiing Lists Admin