Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 14:01:23 +0000
From:      Arman Hazairin <arman@ai3.net>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCP connection hang

David Greenman wrote:

> >If you look into full trace of ftp session below, there are no
> >retransmission attempt from either side.
>
>    Very strange; I can't explain this behavior. Is it possible for you to
> get a tcpdump on the other side as well? It might be interesting to see
> if there is any difference with what the SCO machine sees.
>    What type of ethernet card is in the FreeBSD machine?
> -DG
>
> David Greenman
> Core-team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project

Unfortunately, I dont have root access to that system. The card in
FreeBSD
box is 3C509, I've tried with NE2000 and Intel Express, the result still
the same.
Btw, I convert the binary file that i want to transmit into text using
uuencode, and finaly i can transfer the file.
But still no answer for this 'strange' behaviour.

-arman-