Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:46:52 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Sadashiv Kulthe <sadashiv.linux@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   syslog is missing?, was: Re: freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 100, Issue 15

Sadashiv Kulthe wrote:
> I come to know that My system do not have "Syslog" daemon or command.
> Now I want to install port or package will give me syslog command.
>
> Please suggest me, how can I find specific port name, which will give
> me desired command on my system.

Perhaps you're looking for /usr/bin/logger?

FreeBSD comes with syslog as part of the base system.  If you update your
system via a buildworld/buildkernel cycle, you will end up installing syslogd,
logger, and friends if they are actually missing.

--
-Chuck

PS: You gain +1 karma for not quoting the entire digest.  :-)