Date:      Fri, 05 Jan 2001 09:20:02 -0000
From:      "BSD Blood" <bsdblood@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   weird Gnome Terminal Problem

I'm running FreeBSD 4.1R. Here are my specs:-
Intel PIII 700MHz
128MB RAM
Diamond Stealth 3D 4000 AGP 4MB (S3 Virge/GX2 chipset)
Quantum ATLAS_V__9_WLS 0230 SCSI
Generic PS/2 mouse
AT keyboard

I installed X with Gnome + Enlightenment from the initial installation (I
chose the Diamond Stealth 3D 4000 card). Everything works fine when I ran
'startx' except when I click on the Gnome terminal icon, my mouse pointer
and keyboard will stop working. I need to wait for 2 minutes in order for X
to resume back. Even after X resumes back, if I were to move the mouse, X
will stop working again. So, I escape from all these weird X behaviour is by
pressing ctrl + alt + backspace. I then tried using the S3 Virge/GX2 driver,
but the results were the same. What's the matter ?