Date:      Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:01:53 +1000
From:      Tony Maher <tonymaher@optusnet.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   xterm - truetype fonts and missing underscore

Hello,

recently (not sure exactly when) my xterms no longer showed the underscore character.
In my .Xresources I had (and have had this setting for years):

XTerm*faceName: Monospace
XTerm*faceSize: 10

I noticed when experimenting and modifying values that for one choice
the bottom part of letters like 'g' was missing.
So changed faceSize to 11 and all is good.

In gnome-terminal with Monospace/10 font underscores showed up fine
(and was ok in gnome font selector).  So it appears to be xterm specific.

Has anyone else experienced this?

cheers
--
Tony Maher                    email: tonymaher@optusnet.com.au