Date:      Fri, 14 May 2004 13:02:22 +0200
From:      "Walter C. Pelissero" <walter@pelissero.de>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dlink DSL router doesn't like FreeBSD

I'm trying to make work a D-Link 504T DSL router/switch with FreeBSD
5.2.1-RELEASE-p6.

I've already realised that IPv6 is not supported by the router so I
compiled an IPv4-only kernel and got to work DNS, HTTP, and FTP.

My problem is that ssh and telnet don't work.  I get as far as the
Password prompt, I type it in, and then ssh freezes for a couple of
minutes until it probably goes in timeout and gives up.

The D-Link help desk is useless; the only thing they suggested was to
return the router to where I bought it.  I've anyhow the impression
that the problem might not completely be the router's fault.  In fact
I plugged a Windoze machine, installed PuTTY, and ssh seems to work
flawlessly.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,

--