Date:      Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:28:16 +0500
From:      FuLLBLaSTstorm <fullblaststorm@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd-update killed my /var

Hey all,
Recently I've run freebsd-update on my desktop machine, but it failed
saying that it cannot save its files anymore to /var because the
filesystem is full. now df shows something like this:
# df
/dev/ad0s1d    253678   250630  -17248   107%   /var

I'm in the middle of solving the problem, now I think of adding new
filesystem and replacing the old /var with it.
And it would be more than great if freebsd-update notified users how
much of free space it needs.