Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 03:58:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@freebsdsystems.com>
To:        "Matt M." <matt@boda.virtualave.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: telnet into root

If you are telnetting to a system, why don't you use ssh? I strongly recommend
you dont attempt to allow root telnet. Root ssh..ok

/usr/ports/security/ssh2

lnb

On 06-Apr-00 Matt M. wrote:
> Just wondering how I can enable the option to telnet into root. And, I
> forgot to add myself into the wheel group, and I need to access my box from
> work and do some root stuff. Is there any other way to access the root
> account?

Lanny Baron,
Master FreeBSD Administrator
Date: 07-Apr-00
Time: 03:58:24

"I am not now, and never have been, a girlfriend of Henry Kissinger."
		-- Gloria Steinem