Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 07:48:40 -0400
From:      "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "jean" <jean@m-net.arbornet.org>, "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Subject:   Re: U.S Robitics 56k Performance Pro Modem

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:25:06 -0400, Matthew Emmerton wrote:

>> i  would like to know if my U.S Robitics 56k Performance Pro PCI Modem
>> is supported in the current release of FreeBSD it is a hardware modem
>> ofcource i was unable to get it talking with FreeBSD-4.4 and had to
>> migrate to Linux where it is fully supported by the kernel ppp I realy
>> like what BSD has to offer . If it is not supported perhaps the kernel
>> developers can borrow some code from Linux that might be something to
>> look into Thank you
>
>This modem can be supported, but not without some changes to the serial port
>driver.
>
>There is a patch available in PR/41227 that is known to work without
>problem, but theoretically may cause problems.

I got mine working with 4.6..  however, it was with a compaq where i
could set the PnP i/o in the bios, then just used the visual kernel
config to change sio1 to the address i specified in the BIOS.  works
good so far.

---
doug reynolds | the maverick | mav@wastegate.net

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 7FEC 10AA 056B F8DE  AC1E 6965 FBBE 9601