Date:      05 Apr 2001 14:43:59 -0400
From:      Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [OT] Reinstalling signal handler inside signal handler

FreeBSD man page for signal(3) states that

    Unlike previous signal facilities, the handler func() remains
    installed after a signal has been delivered.

What "previous" signal facilities is this referring to?  I've seen a
lot of code where a signal handler function would re-install itself
the first thing.  But I've tested, and that doesn't appear to be
necessary at least on FreeBSD and Linux.  Is that for portability, or
is that something else?

Many thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin