Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:33:43 -0500
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
Cc:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: :CueCat device driver

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 12:17:32AM +0200, Janko van Roosmalen wrote:
#
# If it generates keyboard scancodes you do not need a driver at all. My
# brother has been writing POS and stock control systems for years with this
# type of scanners under DOS/Windows and Xenix.

Yes, someone clued me into this just after my initial post.  I've since
gotten it hooked up and am playing with it.  It would be much nicer if
they didn't use a funky obfuscation scheme, but it is relatively easy
to decode.

-steve