Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:10:08 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <kalts@estpak.ee>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        George.Giles@mcmail.vanderbilt.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Vinum RAID 5

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 08:15:33PM +1030, Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org> wro=
te:

> >> Does FreeBSD 4.4 vinum provide for RAID 5 ?
> >
> > Yes it does but the online rebuild procedure is still broken, at
> > least for me. It's a good idea to test all promised features before
> > going online. YMMV
>=20
> Details?

We had private e-mail conversation in the past about it, but you had
no time to get involved. I'm sorry but currently can't provide you
any details because the system is in production. I can probably
convince upper management to loan some SCSI disks for me, so I can
set up testbed. But, I'm going to do that only if you're willing to
work on that.

----
=46rom vallo Sun Dec  2 11:33:27 2001